Posted on January 29, 2014 at 6:00 am
by Danielle Marcy
I love South Korean TV shows for their zaniness and fun. Here are some of my favorites.
- Boys Over Flowers – Based on a Japanese anime and manga series, this was my first foray into the incredibly addictive genre of Korean Dramas, and still my favorite.
- Bread, Love and Dreams – Uplifting and heart wrenching to watch the main character, Kim Takgu, succeed in overcoming the manipulations, plotting, and machinations of his father’s wife.
- Shut Up and Let’s Go – Episode 2 completely surprised me with an unexpected plot twist. Watch it to find out why. The music is compelling and catchy—think Korean version of the Foo Fighters. I was singing “Wake Up” for weeks after finishing the series.
- Pasta – My teen son was inspired to cook good pasta after watching this series with me. We would also randomly shout out the shows tagline, “Yeah, Chef!” Everyone loves a good inside joke.
- Manny – I loved the vignette after each episode when the Manny gives parenting tips.
Check out these Korean films from SCLD
Tags: movies, television