Welcome to the STEM early learning lesson series. These lessons are designed to help you bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Math into your home or classroom. Learn more about the lessons and best ways to use them.
Construction – 3 Little Pigs
Construction – Measuring Tools
Construction – Neighborhoods
Construction – Number Game
Math – Count with Me Lesson
Math – Hide and Seek Math
Math – Measure It, Sort It
Math – Mirror Activity
Math – Number Hunt
Math – Ring Toss
Math – Ten = 10
Robotics – Code-a-pillar®
Water – Sink or Float
Water – Pour It Out
Water – What Lives There
Weather – Rain
Weather – Wind
FAQs and Lesson Markers
- Who are the lessons for? Parents or early learning professionals
- What age children are the lessons geared towards? 3-5 years old
- How long does a lesson take? Between 10 and 30 minutes
- What’s inside? Easy to follow instructions and materials
- Can the lessons be modified? Yes, the lessons are built so you can use items you have at home or school.
- Do I need to know a lot about STEM? We made it easy for everyone. Each lesson has two options: “Quick Start” and “Deeper Dive”
Look for these colors coded markers to guide you.
Quick Start: Short on time? New to STEM? Quick Start is a fast and easy way to share STEM learning with young ones.
Deeper Dive: Perfect when you’re ready to dig a little deeper on STEM concepts and push the learning envelope a little. These additional suggestions compliment the lesson and will challenge learners.
Ask a Question: These are here to help you keep the conservation going. Get kids thinking, talking, exploring.
Vocabulary Builder: Language is an important part of STEM. Look to these markers to suggest new words you can introduce during your lesson.